Once you apply to be an assessor, HESA will contact you to confirm receipt of your expression of interest.
If we accept your application to become an assessor your details go on our HESA assessment team register. HESA draws on the register to create a team for each education program requiring accreditation.
We select assessors case-by-case, based on:
- availability to perform the role, including the time needed for the review
- confirmation that there is no real or perceived conflict of interest that would interfere with the accreditation process.
All assessors must sign a confidentiality and conflict of interest declaration.
A team is appointed for each program requiring accreditation by HESA. Each team generally has a minimum of four members:
- one Associate Director as chairperson
- two with academic and/or educational expertise
- at least one with relevant expertise in clinical practice
Role of assessors
This table outlines your overall tasks as a HESA assessor, the estimated time involved for each task and extra notes.
If you are interested in becoming an assessor on an immunisation accreditation panel, please consider submitting your expression of interest.
How to Apply
Please complete your Expression of Interest with the reasons for applying for the assessor role, including relevant experience and in no more than 500 words. Please also attach your resume.
Please email your expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org